Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Compassionate Conservatives??

I don’t know if any of you heard President Bush’s speech the other night, but after the speech he was asked a question which I remember this way.

“Mr. President, how many Iraqi’s including civilians have died so far in this war?”
His response went something like this, “Oh, 30,000 more or less, and we’ve lost 2,100 or so soldiers.”

Then he tried to be a commedian by interrupting the next questioner with something like this, “if I don’t like your question, I’ll just make up an answer.”

And this is a Christian and a so called “right to life” president?

You know what? I think Bush values the lives of those not yet born, and those who are on their death beds wanting to die, and his millionaire buddies, but I don’t think he gives a rip for the lives of anyone else.

Now, I suppose I can look for the FBI to break down my door tonight thanks to Bush’s Patriot Act, but you know what? I don’t care.

Albert Einstein once said, “What is the meaning of human life, or of organic life altogether? To answer this question at all implies a religion. Is there any sense then, you ask, in putting it? I answer, the man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charlie

Great comments, I feel the same about this President. How can
you be about right to life if you handle all these deaths so casually.

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...