Wednesday, April 26, 2006

PRESCRIPTION DRUGS


Why should Americans have to turn to Canada to find affordable prescription drugs and better prescription prices? Why shouldn't we be able to get those same prescriptions at the same prices right here in Granger, Winamac, Walkerton, Knox, Camden, Rochester, and every other community in Indiana's Second Congressional District?

I will work in Congress to guarantee that Senior Citizens and the rest of us get a fair deal at a fair price. I will support legislation that increases our pricing power and negotiating power with the big drug companies.

Until the day comes when we do have more affordable prescription prices here in America, I will fully support your right to obtain prescription drugs from Canada at much lower prices. This will create great savings for Seniors and families, and let you keep a few more dollars in your own wallet or pocketbook.

Joe Donnelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Chuck Whelan and I had the degrading opportunity to retire in 2002 from Ma Beth, Burns Harbor. I ended up retiring because of health reason, I have Crohn's Disease and have lost over 6 feet of my intestines plus over 60 lbs. in body weight. I've suffered three mini strokes and have A-Fib of my heart. But, I'm only 55 and I'm on the outside looking in on a lot of health care programs that I see helping others. Yes, I did get my Social Security Disability but my pension went from almost $2,000 a month down to around $1,250 a month and my health care went from $158 a month to around $1,300 a month. I feel this isn't fair. I put in just over 30 years with Beth Steel and when I called them to get some info for my lawyer during my SSD case they told me I didn't exist any more! Has anyone ever told you to your face that you don't exist any more? Believe me it's a very heart felt feeling especially after giving them 30 years of my life! I'm a dues paying SOAR member but I'm thinking of dropping out all together because nothing pertains to me except local and national elections, which I'm not trying to down play but put yourself in my place. I was even turned down by the VA because of budget cuts. I served from 1969-1971, one of our nations greatest disappointments in the history of our military! You know what it's it like getting spit on when all you're trying to do is go home? It seems like I'm always a day and a dollar short!
I don't know what else to say, I'm disappointed in our national gov't and some times my USWA too not my LOCAL 6787! I realizes your hands are tied as bad as mine but me about a million others are in the same boat and the boat seems to be slowly sinking because it appears to us, retirees, that no one seems to care any more because we're no longer working and paying those monthly dues any more! What do I and those like me have to look forward to?
One other thing. I just received my USW @ Work and as far as I could see nothing was mentioned about Paul Gipson winning a record amount of terms as president of a USWA local. That's USWA Local 6787.
Take care,
Chuck
"The Irish Hot Rod"
www.thefinalrollcall.us

Anonymous said...

Appreciate your blog,mental health consumers are the least capable of self advocacy,my doctors made me take zyprexa for 4 years which was ineffective for my symptoms.I now have a victims support page against Eli Lilly for it's Zyprexa product causing my diabetes.--Daniel Haszard www.zyprexa-victims.com

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...