Sunday, August 04, 2013

SOAR Director Expresses Gratitude

It is with mixed emotions that I write this column. I have spent a great deal of time these past six years; working shoulder to shoulder with President Entrekin through some very difficult times. I have the utmost respect for Connie and his ability to rally our members on the issues that most affect our members. His dedication to working families and retirees is second to none.

Not only have I had the opportunity to know Connie on a professional level, my wife Carol and I have gotten to know both him and his wife Barbara on a personal level, and have thoroughly enjoyed their company. As we have travelled across this great union of ours, we have bonded in a way that makes it very difficult for me to see him move on.

I want to thank Connie for all he has done for our organization and the positive influence he has had on me. He has strengthened my resolve and commitment to the work that we do on behalf of our retirees and working America.

On behalf of all of us, I say thank you Connie for your service and we wish you and Barbara the best as you enter this next phase of your lives together.

I also would like to congratulate Bill Pienta on his appointment as SOAR president. I have known Bill practically all my working life. We were members of the same local union and served as fellow officers of that local for many years, prior to our appointment to the union’s staff. Bill’s experience as a local union leader, servicing staff and district director will serve him well, as he faces the challenges that will confront him in his new role in our union.

As Director, Pienta had a reputation of being a fighter and strong political activist. He has a straight forward approach to getting the job done. His ability to deliver a message and motivate activists will serve him well as our president.

I look forward to working with President Pienta as we face the challenges of protecting and enhancing the quality of life of our retired members and working families. Please join me in congratulating Bill on his appointment and welcoming him to his new position!

Jim Centner, SOAR Director

No comments:

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...