Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Indiana AFL-CIO Endorsements

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release: Monday, June 9, 2014
Media Contact: Jeff Harris, Indiana State AFL-CIO, 317.632.9147

INDIANA STATE AFL-CIO ENDORSES CANDIDATES FOR 2014 GENERAL ELECTION
Federation of labor unions endorses candidates that support working families

INDIANAPOLIS — Today the Indiana State AFL-CIO, a statewide federation of labor unions representing more than 300,000 active workers, announced endorsements of candidates for the 2014 General Election.

The endorsements are based on voting records, in-person interviews and responses to a questionnaire issued to all candidates. Affiliates of the Indiana State AFL-CIO met on Friday in Indianapolis to review the information and vote on endorsements.

The following candidates were endorsed for the 2014 General Election:

Statewide Offices:
Secretary of State: Beth White (D)
State Auditor: Mike Claytor (D)
State Treasurer: Mike Boland (D)

U.S. House of Representatives:
District 1: Pete Visclosky (D) (I)
District 2: Joe Bock (D)
District 3: Justin Kuhnle (D)
District 4: John Dale (D)
District 5: Shawn Denney (D)
District 7: Andre Carson (D) (I)
District 8: Tom Spangler (D)
District 9: Bill Bailey (D)

Indiana State Senate:
District 1: Frank Mrvan (D) (I)
District 4: Karen Tallian (D) (I)
District 6: Roxanna Hanford (D)
District 15: Jack Morris (D)
District 25: Tim Lanane (D) (I)
District 27: Jake Hoog (D)
District 29: J.D. Ford (D)
District 38: Tim Skinner (D) (I)
District 41: Andy Talarzyk (D)
District 43: Rudy Howard (D)
District 45: Julie Berry (D)
District 46: Chuck Freiberger (D)
District 47: Richard Young (D) (I)
District 48: Larry Vollmer (D)
District 49: Jim Tomes (R) (I)

Indiana House of Representatives:
District 1: Linda Lawson (D) (I)
District 2: Earl Harris (D) (I)
District 3: Charlie Brown (D) (I)
District 4: Deb Porter (D)
District 6: B. Patrick Bauer (D) (I)
District 7: David Niezgodski (D) (I)
District 8: Ryan Dvorak (D) (I)
District 9: Scott Pelath (D) (I)
District 10: Chuck Moseley (D) (I)
District 11: Jim Metro (D)
District 12: Mara Candelaria Reardon (D) (I)
District 14: Vernon Smith (D) (I)
District 15: Jim Wieser (D)
District 16: Rich Ludington (D)
District 19: Shelli VanDenburgh (D) (I)
District 21: Jodi Buoscio (D)
District 27: Sheila Klinker (D) (I)
District 29: Joseph Marcum (D)
District 30: Chuck Sosbe (D)
District 32: Bob Ashley (D)
District 33: Shon Byrum (D)
District 34: Sue Errington (D) (I)
District 35: Melanie Wright (D)
District 36: Terri Austin (D) (I)
District 39: David Russ (D)
District 42: Mark Spelbring (D)
District 43: Clyde Kersey (D) (I)
District 46: Jim Mann (D)
District 52: Charlie Odier (D)
District 55: Glenn Bailey (D)
District 56: Phillip Pflum (D)
District 60: Damon Brodhacker (D)
District 61: Matt Pierce (D) (I)
District 66: Terry Goodin (D) (I)
District 68: Rick Gill (D)
District 70: Heidi Sellers (D)
District 71: Steven Stemler (D) (I)
District 72: Kevin Sue Bailey (D)
District 74: Chris Coyle (D)
District 76: Tony Goben (D)
District 77: Gail Riecken (D) (I)
District 78: Stephen Melcher (D)
District 80: Phil GiaQuinta (D) (I)
District 82: Mike Wilber (D)
District 84: Fred Haigh (D)
District 86: Ed DeLaney (D) (I)
District 87: Christina Hale (D) (I)
District 89: Debra Jenkins (D)
District 91: Patrick Lockhart (D)
District 92: Karlee Macer (D) (I)
District 93: Ryan Guillory (D)
District 94: Cherrish Pryor (D) (I)
District 95: John Bartlett (D) (I)
District 96: Gregory Porter (D) (I)
District 97: Justin Moed (D) (I)
District 98: Robin Shackleford (D) (I)
District 99: Vanessa Summers (D) (I)
District 100: Dan Forestal (D) (I)

(D = Democrat/ R = Republican/ I = Incumbent)

“We are proud to offer these endorsements and will do everything we can to help get these worker-friendly candidates elected to office,” said Brett Voorhies, Indiana State AFL-CIO president.

Additional endorsements of candidates slated in caucuses before June 30, 2014 may be made at a later date.

The Indiana State AFL-CIO (American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations) is a federation of 800 local unions across the state belonging to 50 International Unions. In total, the Indiana State AFL-CIO represents more than 300,000 working Hoosiers.

For more information on please visit www.inaflcio.org or call 1-800-433-8423.

###


No comments:

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...