Saturday, May 17, 2008

Letter from Senator Barack Obama


Dear President Gerard and Brothers and Sisters of the United Steelworkers of America,

Thank you for your endorsement of my candidacy to be President of the United States. It is a great honor to have your support, and I am grateful to the USWA for devoting time, effort and hard work to our movement for change.

I am proud to stand with the USWA in our joint effort to build an America that values the labor of every American and rewards them with important basic guarantees – wages that can raise their families, health care, dignified retirements, and working conditions that are safe. On behalf of your members and their families and of all workers, I am fighting to make sure that all Americans have access to quality healthcare, enjoy fair treatment at work and receive a fair share of the wealth they create, and that all children benefit from excellent educational opportunities.

The men and women of the USWA and all workers deserve a President who is committed to improving the lives of working families. My candidacy is about fulfilling that commitment, and I look forward to working with you in the months and years to come.

We are in this together, and I appreciate all you are doing. But I cannot do this without you, so please stay involved – together, we will achieve the changes we seek.

Sincerely yours,

Barack Obama

www.BarackObama.com

No comments:

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...