Monday, November 29, 2010

Something to think about

A few months ago I was in Pittsburgh visiting a friend. While looking over his garden, I heard a ruckus and saw a fire coming from a car parked in the parking lot of a drivethru restaurant. You can see the video here. The fire was the result of the driver throwing his change into his ash tray which was missing the lighter. Evidently a dime got stuck in the hole where the lighter would normally be. The car was totalled.

Today, I was checking smoke detectors in the house and after replacing a weak battery, placed the old battery into my front pocket. Later this evening, all of a sudden I felt a burning sensation. Evidently the battery terminals had come in contact with some change in my pocket. Man, that battery was hot hot hot.

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...