Monday, November 22, 2010

Thoughts of Gardening

We're still enjoying lettuce hear in Northern Indiana gardens. Our leeks are still in the ground and since I've never eaten leeks before, I'll be glad when they find themselves in some soup or whatever you do with leeks.
Such nice weather we've had. Just like Spring. Garden catalogs are beginning to come in and soon, when the weather gets cold, I'll enjoy looking through them and deciding what to plant come Spring.
I suppose I could prune the raspberries for next year's growth, but it's a little to wet for me so I'll wait till Spring.
Last Friday was our SOAR Chapter meeting. We all brought in something to share for lunch with Mike Henning, our chapter Vice President bringing in a deep fried turkey. Gosh, was that ever good.

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...