Friday, December 31, 2010

Let There Be Peace On Earth

I think it was seeing the movie, "One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest" starring Jack Nicholson some years ago that first interested me in the unusual sounds that can come from playing a carpenters saw. I got myself a new saw a couple weeks ago and have been toying with it. It has provided hours of entertainment for me trying to make some music with it. So far, my wife is calling it a "screeching saw", but I'm determined to get it to play music some day.
Anyway, here you will experience my first attempt and hopefully I'll be able to show improvement in a few weeks.
I'm pretty sure it will make you wince a few times in listening to this so please be prepared for it.
Happy New Year everyone.

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...