Friday, February 08, 2013

The Election is Over, Let's Move Forward

     I don't know about you but I thought the election for President of the United States was over and decided in November 2012. However, many people out there in America do not want it to end. I am sick and tired of reading the newspapers and seeing articles that are submitted by right-wing conservative Republicans. 

     The name calling (especially in the south) with regards to the President of the United States is shameful! I never knew there were so many bigots and hateful people in America. I was amazed to read several articles in my local hometown paper in New York about President Obama, but since I have arrived in Florida, I have read a couple of articles every day in the local papers that chastise and insult President Obama for every decision he makes as President. I truly wish these people would put their bias aside and accept the mandate of the people of the United States. President Obama won both the popular and the electoral vote in our country. The people have decided, so let us move forward and be thankful that we live in the democracy of America. 

     On a personal note, it is with a heavy heart, that I inform you of the passing of one of our District 4 SOAR President's, Tom Boyle on Nov.10, 2012. Tom dedicated many years to SOAR and Chapter 4-UR1 in Buffalo, New York.  He will be sadly missed. On behalf of District 4 Director John Shinn, the staff and SOAR members,  our condolences go out to his wife Ann and family. James Bickhart, District 4 Executive Board Member


1 comment:

garyro said...

some folks love to hate obama. They had four years to practice for the next four

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...