Thursday, June 15, 2017

Have a Great Retirement, Jim and Carol

Although not considered my “boss”, in the usual sense, I’ve never-the-less always tried to consider SOAR Director, Jim Centner, as my boss.

Since Jim became our SOAR Director and while I’ve been the Secretary Treasurer, I must say that he has been the best boss I’ve ever had.

Now, I’ve had a lot of asshole bosses during my working years in the U.S. Navy and then working for the Northern Indiana Public Service Company, so I think I’m qualified to know an asshole boss when I see one.

Jim has always shown himself to be fair, reliable, understanding, trustworthy, reasonable and generous. He has made my work with SOAR extremely satisfying and it’s been a real joy to work with and for him - and for this, I will be forever grateful. 


The friendship of Jim and his wife, Carol, has been a real plus for my wife, Elaine and I and I hope they’re able to enjoy his announced retirement as much as we have enjoyed ours.

No comments:

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...