Sunday, January 15, 2006

Priorities, a poem

Priorities
BY Charlie Averill

If I should want to list the things in life I hold most dear,
it would be so very easy, for to me it's very clear
that the things of which I cherish most, are those which make me free,
and although there are so many, I can boil them down to three.

First, would be my faith in God in whom I trust and pray,
will give me strength and all I need to make it through each day.
Next would be my family, who I'm happy to report,
have given me their steadfast love, encouragement, and support.

Finally, the Union through its ceaseless loyalty,
has allowed me through these many years to work with dignity.
Now, I realize each person has their own philosophy
on what's important in their life and takes priority.

I'd be naive to think they'd be as mine, although they might,
but circumstances in my life dictate that mine are right.
© 1993 Charlie Averill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are some very true and valued words in this poem!!
Keep up the good work!

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...