Friday, January 27, 2006

Thru Thick And Thin, a poem

Thru Thick And Thin
By Charlie Averill

When the Union asks of me
to serve on this or that,
I'm tempted to say no and ask them "why not Jim or Jack?
I don't have the expertise nor the ability."
but I know what they really want is availability.

For when you really think about it, then you know it's true,
that all the Union ever is, is folks like me and you.
Men and women, from all walks who know that there's no way
we'll ever have a safe work place, fairness or decent pay.

Unless we all do our fair share and struggle for what's right,
and stick together mightily, we'll only lose the fight.
© 1993 Charlie Averill

No comments:

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...