Thursday, January 12, 2006

Say never to Right-to-Work

House Bill 1019 introducing “Right to Work” legislation in the Indiana General Assembly got my interest up, so out of curiosity, I searched for a map of the Red and Blue states, referring to those states voting for John Kerry or George Bush.


I then searched for a map showing which states were “Right to Work” states and which ones weren’t. Then I compared the two maps.

Surprise, surprise.

I think the results are pretty interesting. With few exceptions, most of the states that supported anti-union George Bush are “Right to Work” states and most of the states that supported pro-union candidate John Kerry are not.
Now it becomes more clear to me why the most greedy companies (like Colgate) head south. Workers are more easily exploited and taken advantage of, making lower wages and benefits in so called Right-to-work states.

So called Right- to -Work for Indiana?? Hoosier workers.............Don’t ever let it happen!

No comments:

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...