Thursday, April 19, 2012


Brothers and Sisters,

As we fight to take back our state and reverse the attacks on working families, it’s important that we know where candidates, of both parties, stand on issues that matter to us.

With that in mind, the Executive Council of the Indiana AFL-CIO made the decision to take the unusual step of endorsing candidates for the upcoming May primary election.  It is our goal to ensure that as many pro-worker candidates emerge from the primary, on both sides of the ballot, as possible.

With questionnaires in hand, delegates from our affiliated organizations recently assembled for a C.O.P.E. Convention to review questionnaires and make endorsements.

The following list of endorsements are recommendations made by the Indiana AFL-CIO C.O.P.E Convention for the 2012 primary election only. Another C.O.P.E. Convention will be held after the primary election to make endorsements for the General Election this fall.


INDIANA STATE AFL-CIO PRIMARY ENDORSEMENTS
(D = Democrat/ R = Republican/ I = Incumbent)

U.S. SENATE:
Joe Donnelly (D)

U.S. CONGRESS:
Congressional District
1    Pete Visclosky (D) (I)
2    Brendan Mullen (D)
4    Lester Terry Moore (D)
5    Scott Reske (D)
7    Andre Carson (D)
8    Dave Crooks (D)

INDIANA STATE SENATE:
State Senate District
02    Lonnie Randolph (D) (I)
03    Earline Rogers (D) (I)
05    Deb Porter (D)
08    Jim Arnold (D) (I)
10    John Broden (D) (I)
12    Jim Ball (D)
16    Tom Keen (D)
24    Charles Bender (D)
28    Michael Adkins (D)
30    Tim DeLaney (D)
32    John Barnes (D)
33    Greg Taylor (D) (I)
34    Jean Breaux (D) (I)
35     Mark Waterfill (D)
37    Jim Cahill (D)
40    Vi Simpson (D) (I)
50    Vaneta Becker (R) (I)

INDIANA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES:
House District
01    Linda Lawson (D) (I)
02    Earl Harris (D) (I)
03    Charlie Brown (D) (I)
05    Cory Stith (R)
05    Jerod Warnock (D)
06    Pat Bauer (D) (I)
07    David Niezgodski (D) (I)
08    Ryan Dvorak (D) (I)
09    Scott Pelath (D) (I)
10    Chuck Moseley (D) (I)
12    Mara Candelaria Reardon (D) (I)
14    Vernon Smith (D) (I)
15    Thomas O’Donnell (D)
16    Diana Boersma (R)
16    Rich Ludington (D)
19    Shelli VanDenburgh (D) (I)
22    Jon Hare (R)
22    John Bonitati (D)
26    Rick Cornstuble (D)
27    Sheila Klinker (D) (I)
30    Chuck Sosbe (D)
32    Katie Morgan (D)
33    Andy Schemenaur (D)
34    David Walker (D)
35    Melanie Wright (D)
36    Terri Austin (D) (I)
37    Debbie Driskell (R)
38    Stephen Wilson (R)
40    Sam Follis (D)
43    Clyde Kersey (D) (I)
45    Kreg Battles (D) (I)
48    Randall Weinley (R)
52    Charles Odier (D)
55    Dave Moeller (D)
56    Phil Pflum (D) (I)
60    Peggy Welch (D) (I)
61    Matt Pierce (D) (I)
62    Jeff Sparks (D)
64    James Amick (R)   
64    Mark Norton (D)
66    Terry Goodin (D) (I)
67    Tom Cheek (D)
69    Trent Wisner (D)
72    Sharon Grabowski (D)
73    Sandra Blanton (D)
74    Mike Schriefer (D)
75    Ron Bacon (R)
75    Kevin Derr (D)
76    Trent VanHaaften (D)
77    Gail Riecken (D) (I)
79    Mike Snyder (D)
80    Phil GiaQuinta (D) (I)
81    Win Moses (D) (I)
82    Wes Ortel (R)
82    Mike Wilbur (D)
83    Jeff Good (D)
84    Lee Jordan (D)
86    Ed DeLaney (D) (I)
92    Karlee Macer (D)
93    Ryan Guillory (D)
94    Cherish Pryor (D) (I)
95    John Bartlett (D) (I)
96    Gregory Porter (D) (I)
97    Justin Moed (D)
98    Robin Shackleford (D)
99    Vanessa Summers (D) (I)
100    Dan Forestal (D)

In Solidarity,

Indiana AFL-CIO

No comments:

Splice the Main Brace

Splice The Main Brace A sailing ship's main brace is a rope attached to its main spar. Splicing it (making a connection in it by interw...